Wednesday 5 August 2009

Notes on an abandoned shoe

The photograph below is in some ways typical of my work for many years, excpet I usually work in black and white. I'm essentially interested in found objects and signs that change their meanings through different contexts including misuse, ageing, damage, becoming lost and so on. The series "Lost Steps" grew from a couple of shots of abandoned shoes that looked as if they were still functioning without their owners. The title came from a text by Andre Breton "Les Pas Perdu" - The Lost Steps.
I will post a couple more shots that appeal to me when I have a moment, although anybody interested can see some examples on my Flickr page here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stuartinman/
and one day I'll sort out the serious stuff from the holiday snaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment