Tuesday 6 August 2019

"Surrealist time" part 2.

I followed my paper The Gold of Time with another, similarly in an advanced draft stage and in need of rewriting, although I felt, and think I still do feel, happier with the actual writing here. The essential point is that time is only free when we break with the circuit of endless production and consumption, not an entirely original point I know, but I think an important one to make.
https://www.academia.edu/19785801/Free_Time_Surrealism_and_the_impossible_moment_of_Utopia
In these essays I try to show a surrealist time that is inextricably mixed with space, so, in an experiential and practical, rather than Einsteinian sense, a space-time that is surrealist. But being lodged both in the real and the imaginary, it doesn't exclude the space-time of physics either.

No comments:

Post a Comment